Thursday, April 30, 2009
Feedback
Friends, every one: it is very helpful and FUN, your positives words and encouragement on my photographs. I love it! But for those of you out there who know a thing or two about photography, I want to invite you to feel free to comment on the teaching site as well, the critical site, the feedback site so I can get better. Let's be honest about our photo's and what we think can improve them. I do realize it's also a matter of taste and art and you can hardly touch that. Still, let me just throw this out there, I am open to he fun and positive comments, but I also appreciate the comments that challenge me. Is anyone else interested in this kind of feedback on her/his photo's? Cause I'd be totally willing to be encouraging but also try and have that critical look that can challenge you (or was that not the point to your Fledging Photographers Jenna? ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think asking for criticism and feedback is a very brave thing to do! It's really, really hard to take peoples criticism without feeling defensive, but I think it is a good skill to develop. I don't offer much because I'm not confident enough in my skills to feel like I have a lot to add yet! But I will try to do a better job of giving you my feedback, both positive and constructive from now on.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure that I am ready to accept that same challenge yet. :)
I totally agree with Jenna's response! I really don't feel comfortable leaving feedback for other people's photos because I don't believe my skills are up to par yet.
ReplyDeleteI, however, am totally willing to accept any feedback that is left for me so please comment and critique my pictures! I still haven't mastered a photo editing program yet so I don't do much editing to my photos at all. But I would love any kind of feedback about composition or framing so feel free to critique anytime!
Thanks for posting this challenge!
Maybe we can also look at it this way: just giving one another more idea's when you see a certain picture, or my picture? Being creative is also about a feeling you get. Or ask a question like: Why did you choose to to leave that tree in? Asking a question might cause one/me to think about my choices more. We can just try and see. I, on the other hand, am very convinced you both can be VERY helpful. Many of the Fledging Photographers have an eye for this, really! I do agree it is hard to receive feedback, but in my opinion it's quite necessary. But yes, very hard at times, painful even. It can get to you, still I wanted to put the challenge out. Maybe I could make that a challenge in and of itself, or you Jenna. My own Photography challenge, people sending in pictures they struggle with and people can help or teach or explain how to do it differently.
ReplyDelete