Thursday, April 23, 2009
Aperture versus Adobe Lightroom?
Aperture or Lightroom..... hmmmm, I have no idea how to decide which editing program to get. It's time to purchase one, unless some one out there can tell me iPhoto will do the trick? I am a Mac user and fan, so there fore it's easy to go for Aperture. But as is with every program, there are pro's and cons. My classes start tomorrow, I will need a good editing program. I know I can try out both programs for free for a month so I will do so. But in the mean time, do any of you have any advise? Can you share your thoughts about Aperture or Lightroom. I have been reading on line as well. But still, all information is welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dave says:
ReplyDeletetough call. it looks like apple included a lot of the UI from their Final Cut Studio into Aperture (which is great...high quality color correction). I was going to recommend Lightroom, but it doesn't seem to be based on Photoshop. Either way, the most important feature is how much they support Camera RAW...not sure which is better there.
What program did you end up getting? How are your classes?!
ReplyDeleteI am a MAC lover but decided to get Lightroom because I read great reviews on it and heard it is user-friendly. I'm still trying to learn the program though so I'm not sure how I like it yet ... I'll keep you posted!
Oeps, didn't see your comment till now. Still no program yet. Although last night I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS4. It's what we use in the classes. Classes are GREAT. It makes me move much quicker with my camera. We do have lots of assignments and need to spend about 5 hours a week on them. Thus, very serious classes, not just a low key course which is good.
ReplyDelete