Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Courses

I think you learn by doing. Still, I did take a photography course last year. I had gotten of a good start with my Nikon and this course was to get me started with the Manual setting. It helped but as I practiced more and more, more questions arose. Now I knew all the camera could do, and when I did not accomplish what I knew I could accomplish questions arose. I would load the pictures onto my computer and studied the settings I used and thus learn. Still.... I want to learn at a faster speed and I just signed up for schooling that will help me do that. I don't like using the auto setting at all. It's off limits to me.

I will take a 3 month class at the Academy for Photography in Amsterdam. Below is a course like the one I am taking, mine is just a bit more advanced and in depth:

The program also contains lessons about exposure, aperture and shutterspeed, depth of field, composition, films, filters and better flash-photography. To accompany the theory, students are given several practical assignments during the course. The results are discussed in class as is the work of famous photographers. The newly aquired knowledge can be put into practice during a practical day, which will take us into the most beautiful part of historical Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment