Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tulips

My sister lives abroad and she misses Holland, she also has a rough time with needing to work but a husband who is fighting mayor migraines. I decided to cheer her up. Wen, these are for you!

It was my BIL's birthday yesterday. It's a 2 hour drive to get there. Still, when I got closer and closer to the Northern part of Holland, I couldn't help taking the back roads to come across these flower fields. They were on my list to photograph and now is the season.














7 comments:

  1. Those flowers are amazing! Great shots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW -- beautiful shots, so professional looking! really!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight! Are these flowers available for picking? If these were in the states - I'm sure there would be tons of people flocking them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can pick them if it's your job, haha. As kids it was every body's summer job, working in the tulip fields or cleaning the bulbs in the barn. Heavy work! Used to do it from my 12th on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is mind blowing! I can't believe that this exists somewhere in the world, and it makes me want to come and see it. Next time we come to Poland I want to try to convince my husband to visit other parts of Europe as well.

    My favorite shot is the one where you shot straight up the rows of tulips. I like the strong lines combined with the variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet of you Sis. I can't wait till I see this with my own two eyes again. It's so beautiful.
    xx WFM

    ReplyDelete