It's always confusing. I am waiting to cross the street, I look to my right, nothing there so I cross. Then I hear people yelling..... cars coming right at me. The reason they put this on some intersections. Never knew I would really need it.
Friday, May 1, 2009
London
Quite a story. Wednesday night it turned out I had to go to London for work the next day. Plans were made within 20 minutes, it was kind of crazy. So was the schedule, getting up at 3 am (for I had to be at the airport at 5 am) meant not really go to bed at all. Traveling is always exciting but in a way I was disappointed for it meant I would not be around for our National holiday "Queens Day" which is always so much fun. Not yesterday though, it was international news. There was an attack on our Queen by some lunatic. Killing 7, and about 20 still in the hospital of which several in critical condition. You can read about it here, and it's all on Youtube. It was horrible. Though, I was in England and missed it all. I didn't hear about it till a colleague called to inform me. My trip to London was fast, I just spend 3 hours in a meeting and would fly back at 4 pm. Still, I found half an hour to take some pictures and go to Starbucks (we do not have a Starbucks in Holland.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love London! I hadn't heard about the attack on your Queen, though. What is this world coming to? These pictures are very "England." I love the motion in that last one. Being there is very overwhelming--it's such a huge city with so much motion. (And I don't come from as calm and peaceful a place as you!)
ReplyDeleteDo you have a photo of the telephone booth from other angles? Would love to see something from front or side view.
ReplyDelete