Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Photography Challenge - Your Mom

This months Photography Challenge it's all about MOM. All the challenges this month are actually about mom. It's May, time for Mother's Day. The photography challenge: a photo of mom and me telling you why she is so wonderful. The photo I took today, while we enjoyed the day together on the water, boating. It was wonderful!



Mom, you are irreplaceable
Even though our past
You are just irreplaceable
Isn't that amazing?
The most amazing thing about you is that you have overcome our past
Everything you and I went through
It wasn't small
And yet, we overcame
We overcame because of Love
We overcame because at a very important time in my life
you let go of me
I needed you to
and you knew
I can only imagine how hard that must have been
a mom letting go of her child
Impossible and yet you knew
You knew it would save our future
And here we are
mother - daughter
Crying, laughing, cheering one another on, good talks, intimacy, doing fun stuff together
And now, now you are irreplaceable
And I, I love YOU

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully written!! I LOVE that 1st photo of your Mom it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that first pic of your mom with the sky and clouds... really great! But I think I like the second one better, the contemplative look??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore that first image of your mom. I want to capture the same type of image of my own mother, where she looks like she is enjoying life and living it to the fullest. It's a gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete