Friday, April 17, 2009

Holland

I am not really proud of Holland, to be honest: I would love to live elsewhere. But knowing people from abroad do love Holland, I will spend this post on pictures of Holland.

Queens day. The one day we take out our flags. Red, white, blue: our country's flag (no, it is not to show you we're open), and the orange which stands for our Royalty (for the historians among us, William of Orange.) Not a special picture or anything, but it's a good start for this post.

My mom actually lives in this church. Holland is no longer a church going country so why not make apartments in the churches that are otherwise "useless". (So sad if you ask me, but mom does have a great home with a great view.)

I am sure most of you can't imagine this, but this row of houses is actually FOUR houses.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those! I'm always intrigued by the architecture of other places! That's depressing about the churches, but a clever idea in a way, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It's really interesting to see other places that people live. I suppose it's sad that the churches are no longer churches, but what a great way to live!

    ReplyDelete