Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Help

I have received an e-mail from a publisher (in Holland) and they are asking me for a certain picture for a book cover. A book cover!!!! How cool is that! But, I am at a loss here. Of course I should ask money, but how much money? Does anyone have an idea???? I haven't figured out how to register my photo's here in Holland, the way you do with music. I don't even know if it works like that. Or sign up for Stock Photo's.

Also, I still don't know how to watermark my photo's. The publisher wants me to send some photo's so he can pick and choose. I don't want to send it without a watermark though. Does anyone out there know how to watermark photo's? I work with a Mac so not all programs apply. Maybe it just means I need to stop contemplating Lightroom versus Aperture and just buy something, perhaps Photoshop, cause I believe that program will allow me to watermark my photo's right?

5 comments:

  1. Obviuosly you know i have no answers for your questions. Wish I could help but, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is sooo exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did they find you/see your photos? this is so awesome!! sorry can't help, but i will ask dave if he knows anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any idea at all what you should charge. I would try posting your question on a forum somewhere to see if you can find someone who has experience with this kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I don't know how much you should charge, but I like Jenna's idea of researching it. If you could find out what a published photographer charges (and even only charge 1/2 of that) you'd be on the right page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing to consider is that they are getting huge use out of this. On the other hand, it is a great opportunity so you don't want to charge too much. It's a hard thing to consider. Regardless this is extremely exciting.

    Another thing you can do is off it at a steep discount and require that they give photo credit to you in the front cover where they do the copyright info. Or I don't know if they're automatically doing that?

    ReplyDelete