They were all okayed. He loved the bamboo shot the best since you couldn't really tell at which angle it was taken.
Movement following the moving person/subject with camera:
Those were not okayed. He felt I used the wrong shutter speed since the person was in focus, he would have loved to see some movement, and there fore my background needs to be blurry. I will just sit at the end of my drive way today and try capturing a biker or car.
Movement where the camera is held still:
He loved the jumping shot and was just what he wanted!
Dynamic:
This ended up being really interesting. The down side to photography school is that others will not agree with what you come up with and adore. So in the end, your style is criticized. I think photography, besides technique, is a feeling, it is creative and who can criticize that. When my heart is totally into a photo it is hard to agree to re-take a certain photo. I get it when you need to do things over because you didn't use the right techniques but there are lots of opinions that are hard to take in. I was lucky with my dynamic photo's because I took many, thinking there would be at least one okayed. I worked hard on my dynamic photo's, going to different locations, so my heart was totally into it. I loved what I came up with, the stairs is a cool shot and the trees I love. But the 2 I liked best (and some of you liked the most as well) were not his choice. He would not have let me passed the assignment with the Trees and the Stairs (the focus in the tree photo was on the tree trunk which I chose on purpose, he would have like the focus on the top of the tree, drawing your eyes better into the photo.) When I showed him the boat he got happy. "Now that is Dynamic" he said. Awwwwrrrr, I like the others better. Many students had to re-do their Dynamic photo.
A flat photo, making something flat that in reality had depth to it:
He thought the stairs were fun and got through right away. He would also have okayed the flower shot as well, except I have a better one that I posted.
Great depth of field:
I now get what he wanted with this. My photo's were okayed though. But the assignment was to take a photo with a great depth of field, meaning it draws you. I thought it also had to be a photo where everything needed to be in focus, but that is not the case. The photo had to give you a feeling you are going somewhere. He thought the car photo was better than the walkway near the wall, but I could have chosen a better angle, more side ways. Oh, and I showed him my photo of the subway, one that I also did not post, and that photo was really what he meant. It looks like the one I posted, the lining is great and shows there is great depth.
Overall:
While this course is coming to an end, I am happy I took it. I learned a great deal, it was awesome. I will probably take more classes cause it's just a great help, it helps me grow. It also helps me to keep going with this and not be taken over by merely work.
No comments:
Post a Comment