Sunday, January 10, 2010

My kind of day

Today is definitely my kind of day. It's snowing outside, it's warm inside with hot tea or cocoa and whipped cream and lots and lots of cooking. I have slowed down with work which is a delightful thing (and much needed). One must not forget why we're here. It's to be rooted, not to be lost. It's to create and get close to oneself and thus others.

I have time again to get lost in the kitchen and I love it. I picked up some Amish Recipes. I understand once again why Amish women are so busy in the kitchen, they're making everything from scratch, like I did today. It just doesn't get any better. I started at 9.30 am. Weird enough I started with cooking dinner. Oh well, my breakfast turned out to be desert.

Amish Chicken Loaf


Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls (not Amish ;) And before they went into the oven.


Dinner was delicious, so yummie. Good thing I can eat it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next...

Of course the day wouldn't be complete if I didn't go outside. Before you know it, the snow will be gone. We were supposed to get a real blizard but in this part of Holland it wasn't all that bad, I would have loved more.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda wish we had snow right now. It's cold but ugly. At least the snow serves and good decoration and purpose for the cold.

    ReplyDelete