Friday, October 9, 2009
First night's class
The class was really good on Tuesday. I enjoyed it. First of all because I am taking it with a friend. My social life has been really down due to crazy work schedule so this in and of itself is such a JOY. And I love growing in the area of photography. But I didn't know what to expect: it's not a really expensive course, there were people that had done little to nothing with photography and the institution is new to me.... so I didn't know if it would be good. But it was. I have so much to learn about portrait photography and it's good to hear some one's insights, especially if that some one has really earned her credits in this area. We have really cool assignments that will be very challenging. And she challenges my creativity and my reasons behind a photo, she makes me think about the story I want to tell. I have a need to hear about directing your model and we do talk about that a lot. It's a lot of fun to get to know my own style even better. My first thing to accomplish is choosing a model. For all 4 assignments we are supposed to use the same model. There are so many options..... what do I want? Do I want male of female? Do I want adult, child or elderly? Who is available during this entire course? Do I want some one I know or some one I don't know very well? It be cool to do this with my sister, but her brother in law would be really good to, how about my cousin, or my friends baby? On and on the list goes. I will try and decide this weekend. I am looking forward to this course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment