Sunday, September 20, 2009

The mushroom thing

Tasha, one of the Fledging Photographers agreed with me that it is nice to have feedback to photo's. She found it rather scary to comment on my mushroom photo because it was more than saying "Hey, I like it." She actually had some input, an idea about how the photo might be better. She asked whether she was being to harsh but in now way was she harsh. She made me go back to the photo and look at it longer and more closely. I did get what she was saying, it was very helpful to get her point of view.

The photo the way it was and the way I loved it


I loved the photo this way because it shows the side and it's detail. Tasha was saying that the image was mostly the top of the mushroom and there fore she missed seeing that part in focus.

So here I go again


I did not go back to the woods where this mushroom was. I bet I could find it if I would go back, haha. But I did take the angle Tasha was speaking about. I guess the bottom line for me is that it's really nice and helpful to hear how another person looks at things.


2 comments:

  1. OK, then i'll make a request, too :O).

    'd like to see you take the first photo, crop in on the focused part and just show us that. you'll still have the edge of the mushroom cap ruffle and some blurring around the edges which i think will look really neat! what do you think about that? you wouldn't be able to see all the mushroom, but i think it would look interesting. just another facet of your picture.

    i always love your blog! and your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect you to make an entire post about it! ;) Anyhow, I do agree with Alice about cropping in, make the photo even more interesting by cropping in, have fun with it, don't be afraid to change it a little, you own this picture.

    ReplyDelete