Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Welcome to my surroundings

In this post Tasha was doing some reaching, she really needed a challenge to get going with her photos. Just like me. I have been gone for so long and I desire to get back, fully get back. So I gave her a challenge and said I would join in the fun.

She is to take photos of her environment, and I will show mine. And it would be great if these photos really say something about our environment. A flower in a field, that could be anywhere right? So it will take a little effort. It's a little step to get going again...

And since I have moved, I have lots of places to go, lots of things to take photos of.

This past Sunday I was driving home and the sun was setting (not that you noticed so much in sky this night) and I made myself stop and take a few minutes to shoot these two.
Ask me anything, comment, have critique, tell me if I stuck with the assignment enough, it's all welcome!

Welcome to my surroundings:


Nikon D80 - Micro 105mm 2.8 Nikkor Lens - Taken: manuel / Shutter 1/200 / Aperture 7.1 / ISO 200 / No flash, no tripot


Nikon D80 - Micro 105mm 2.8 Nikkor Lens - Taken: manuel / Shutter 1/200 / Aperture 5.6 / ISO 200 / No flash, no tripot

Show your world too at That's my world!!

9 comments:

  1. Maddy, I love the field shot. The grass in the foreground, that is a powerful image! Nice job!
    Gretch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job of showing the area around your home. I really like your first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both pictures. But, I especially love the first one. I like how you got the background of your environment but focused on the grass. Sort of twisty on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics, especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one, although I'm not certain why. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice focus on the foreground! The grass is so green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the depth of field and outline of the town in the background. I like the wind turbines and how you caught them in freeze motion, next time try it with a higher aperture to get more color or maybe turn it into a B&W. Great start! Until next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice shots...love the second one though...late visit...thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete