Wednesday, May 18, 2011

IheartFaces - May Flowers


I love that this week's challenge is not about faces but about flowers. We have had a great summer so far and it isn't even summer yet, very unlike Holland I must say. And it's really too bad that the weather has taken a turn for the worse, just when the challenge is about flowers. I could have gone out to take loads of photos of the tulip fields, but going out in the rain? No way. So I took some photos of fresh cut flowers that I have here in the house instead. I tried shooting some less common angels. One tulip, the rest are peonies.







Nikon D80 - Micro 2.8 Nikkor Lens - Taken: manuel / Shutter 1/50 / Aperture 4 / ISO 200 / No flash, handheld

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really love that last one. Did you use a macro lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! I should have put up my settings too, I updated the tulip photo incase you are interested! Yes it is a micro lens Elizabeth. Love macro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink peonies! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peonies, and the light in your picture is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! The lighting is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tulip is beautiful, I love that you used a macro lens and how the top was in focus. My favorite of the peonies is the third image down, I really like the cropping and direction of the flower.

    ReplyDelete