Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chloe

I had this shoot in January. Not a photo shoot, it was a shoot for a TV program. During an interview we had to keep this little one quiet. I decided to take her out for a bit and it was my chance to take a few shots of her! I hope her mom isn't on my blog because it's supposed to be a surprise for her. I will print some out as a gift. This girl was too cute to be true, such a doll! And how we loved one another's company.








3 comments:

  1. Aw, so cute! I love little kids...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for the comments- I love comments, btw. Of course, who doesn't, lol.
    Yes, many of the sessions I have posted are of family and friends who share the same background as I do- the Mennonite denomination. Although I don't consider myself Mennonite anymore, many of my friends from where we used to live still would consider themselves Mennonite. Mennonite is just another denomination in the Christian spectrum, just like Baptists and Dutch Reformed. *wink* It's just not as well known and as wide-spread. It is something like the Amish, just not as conservative. Of course, just as there are many denominations and churches in the Christian faith, there is also many different "stripes", as I call them, of Mennonites. There are some Mennonites so conservative that they only drive black cars and dress very "plain" (another term for Mennonite- or Amish-type people), wearing simple, often solid fabric, clothes. Then there are the very liberal Mennonites who look just like everybody else and are very liberal in their lifestyles and politics. And all manner and combination of "plainness", etc. in between. Basically, the sole doctrine that all Mennonites across the board agree on is pacifism and nonresistance, although it is taught and lived in different ways. Some take it to be personal, meaning that they themselves as a Mennonite male would never join the military or go to war (conservative) and others take it as something that the national government should believe and act on (liberal).
    My husband and I came from a fairly conservative Mennonite background, so I can answer pretty much any questions about our conservative dress and so on. Conservative Mennonites take the Bible very literally. The cap you mentioned is referred to as a "covering" (although I always have to debate about how much the traditional covering style actually covers) and is a doctrine from 1 Cor. 11. I'll let you look that up yourself. I personally no longer cover my head all day, every day, but I do wear a scarf over my head when doing devotions or attending church.
    But anyways, this comment is quite long enough so I'll stop. If you have anymore questions or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second one really captures the innocence of youth. Really nicely done.

    ReplyDelete